Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Viking WIP Front Finished

Evening, ladies and gents!

Today was a busy day for me, so I only got about 5 hours this evening to work on my precious concept design, which I think has progressed nicely!

One of the key things that I noticed upon returning to my desk tonight was how incredibly dark the overall character was, and so I set about to immediately remedy this and increase the contrast of our viking hero. I achieved this mostly with Photoshop's levels (a real time saver if you were thinking I was going to repaint all of that, oh ho ho!), but also with a few personalized touch ups. I continued to move down the figure, rendering each area as I went. I had some trouble with the hands, which indicates to me that I need to do some hand studies from life (don't we all?).

Tomorrow is a day of drawing mostly, so I'll be trying to render the back view. Even if I don't achieve a finish, I'll post what I have here. I hope everyone that visits the blog enjoys my thoughts and these work in progress images. Feel free to comment and tell me what I can improve upon, or what you'd like to hear about my process.




No comments:

Post a Comment